Who We Are
Quantum Behavioral Health Services is a comprehensive treatment provider for people with substance use disorders. We provide partial care, intensive outpatient, and outpatient support in a welcoming, secure environment that offers an array of treatment options from traditional counseling, to yoga and meditation, to art and music therapy in order to personalize every patient’s treatment to their unique needs.
We provide on-going communication with family members and keep everyone involved with the healing process on the same page. Because recovery thrives when there is hope, trust, and connection.
Quantum Behavioral Health Services provides highly rated, cost-effective, comprehensive care to individuals and families affected by Substance Use Disorders and Co-Occurring Disorders. Quantum Behavioral Health Services provides treatment in a unique environment and believes that Substance Use Disorders have physical, psychological, and social components. This belief guides us to provide our clients with equal attention in all those areas to ensure their success and recovery.
To get help now, cALL US.
Our leadership team guides the work we do at Quantum and sets the tone for all the ways we support our clients.
Anthony J. Albanese
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Irene Hoylie-Ristaino, MS, LPC, LCADC, ACS, CCS, NCC
Director of Behavioral Health
Brenda dos Santos MS, LPC, LCADC, NCC, CCS
Director of Substance Abuse
Our team of professionals is here to support you along your journey every step of the way.
Joseph Laurie, MA, LAC
Traci Mobus, CADC
Carolyn Piskura, LPN
Client Care Coordinator
Bryan Pitcher, CADC Intern
Kristeen Rayment LPN
Client Care Coordinator
Jessica Timmerman, Psych
APN – Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Melanie Kellner MSW, LSW
Victoria Campbell CADC Intern
To get help now, Call Us.
The Quantum Process - Outpatient Rehab NJ
Complete Your Intake
This streamlined process includes a series of questions and discussion of your unique needs and goals.
Bryan Pitcher, CADC Intern
Get The Best Care Team Possible
After your intake, you’ll meet your Care Team, a group of amazing professionals dedicated to helping you make recovery reality.
After you meet your Care Team, you’ll start to receive treatment based on a Care Plan that’s designed to help you achieve and sustain your recovery.
ARE YOU READY TO BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO RECOVERY?
You could be Completely Covered. Verify Your Insurance Today.
New Jersey's #1 Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center
Quantum is New Jersey’s premier outpatient addiction center for rehabilitation and addiction treatment in New Jersey. Outpatient rehab is a broad term that is different from inpatient treatment as it encompasses several different types of substance abuse and substance use disorder treatments, including intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and partial care programs (PCs).
Addiction is a personal experience, and every person who has a substance use disorder has had different experiences. You never know what a person has been through, which is why at Quantum, we believe that providing a safe place for our clients to come, with a calming atmosphere and judgment-free, trauma-informed staff is important.
Some of the most common substances people become addicted to include:
- Cocaine and crack cocaine
- Opioid painkillers and heroin
- Benzodiazepines and other sedative drugs
- Amphetamines like Adderall or crystal meth
Signs you may need help for an addiction include:
- Drinking or using drugs alone, in the morning, or hiding your use from loved ones
- Feeling guilty about your substance use habits
- Beginning to lie or steal, or act recklessly while under the influence, or to obtain more of the substance
- Developing an increased tolerance for the substance or needing to take more to get the same effect
- Your social activities begin to be all about obtaining, using, and recovering from the substance, and you begin to avoid or miss other social gatherings, hobbies, and events to use the substance
- You experience withdrawal symptoms when you are not taking the substance, and begin to worry or think a lot about when you can next use it
- Keeping drugs, paraphernalia, and/or alcohol in stashes around the house, workplace, or on your person
- Missing or performing poorly at work, school, and other obligations because of substance use
- Continuing to drink or do drugs even when it causes serious health problems, relationship issues, and/or financial troubles
At Quantum Behavioral Health Services, we customize each patient’s comprehensive rehab program to suit their unique needs and preferences, so that you are getting the care you need through our cost-effective and highly rated partial care day programs, intensive outpatient programs, and outpatient rehab treatment plans.
Whether you are in our program for alcohol rehab, opiate rehab, cocaine rehab, heroin rehab, or rehab for drug abuse with mental health issues, we can help you stop substance misuse, helping you get your life back on track and remain in long-term recovery.
IOP NJ- New Jersey
One of the most popular programs at Quantum treatment centers is our intensive outpatient program (IOP). This is an outpatient program where you can live at home or live inside a sober living residence, keeping your usual schedule with work, school, or childcare, and come in for treatment at our outpatient center for a minimum of nine hours per week.
Every client has unique needs based on factors such as:
- What substance(s) you are recovering from and whether you were taking several types of drugs and alcohol at one time
- How long you were using the drugs and/or alcohol, how much you were using at one time, and the amount you were using each time
- What your physical health is like, as drug and alcohol use can affect the heart, lungs, brain, liver, kidneys, teeth, and your overall wellness
- Whether you have insurance coverage, what your insurance plan will cover, and how much you will have to pay out-of-pocket
- What your mental health is like, as co-occurring disorders and comorbid mental health issues are common with addiction
- Your own personal history with addiction, relapse, and your mindset when it comes to recovery
Because the IOP is created to work around your life, there are several options for times you can come in, including mornings, evenings, and weekends. This way, you do not need to uproot your entire life to get the treatment you need. This type of scheduling is very important for some people who may be at risk of losing their job, child custody, or scholarships for college if they were to go into inpatient rehab for one to three months.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab
Alcohol and drug rehab is a general term for several types of intensive supervised programs that have been created by professional doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, and addictions specialists to help people to stop using drugs or alcohol, while providing the tools needed to live a healthy life.
A rehab program usually begins with detoxing. This is the process the body goes through when you stop using the substance(s) you have become physically dependent on. If you have an addiction and cannot stop or cut back on the substance without experiencing withdrawal symptoms, even if they are mild, it is not recommended that you attempt to detox on your own.
The safest and most effective means of detoxing from drugs and alcohol is a medication assisted treatment (MAT) plan for withdrawal management. Checking into a medical detox facility will provide you with 24-hour medical supervision, clinical care, psychiatric care, and some form of therapy and counseling. You will also be given the option to take FDA-approved, prescription medications to help you with the pain, anxiety, stomach issues, discomfort and restlessness associated with withdrawal.
The most important part about medical detox is that your withdrawal symptoms will be managed to keep you safe, and if a serious medical emergency were to come up, doctor’s care would be immediately available to you.
Detox is not where rehab ends. It is only the first stage of a life-long process called recovery. The next step for many people is a 30 to 90 day stay in inpatient rehab, where the patient lives inside a rehab facility 24 hours a day. This is beneficial to those who have cooccurring mental illnesses, physical health problems, or who have serious addictions like a heroin addiction, benzodiazepine addiction, or other opioid drug addiction. The biggest benefit to an inpatient rehab is the safe, sober, structured environment. It will keep the patient away from drugs and alcohol during their most vulnerable time in early recovery.
Not everybody needs to go to inpatient rehab. Some people can move straight from detoxing into outpatient care. Outpatient programs are also recommended as the next step after an inpatient treatment program. These programs vary depending on which institution you go to, but each will likely have these things in common:
- Medication management and/or medical support
- Individual therapy and psychiatric care
- Group therapy
- Case management services
- Integration into sober communities
- Relapse prevention programs
The patient will remain living at home or move into a sober living facility, and commute into the treatment center for medical and psychiatric appointments, group therapy, one-on-one therapy, and other customized programming.
Rehab programs not only help you become drug- and alcohol-free, but they are designed to help you stay that way, by helping you get the parts of your life back that you may have lost due to substance abuse. This looks different for each person, but some examples include:
- Learning how to make a resume, apply for jobs, and interview
- Learning skills like budgeting and time management
- Family therapy to regain trust and rebuild relationships with your loved ones that may have been damaged by addiction
- Learning life skills for independent living like personal hygiene, cooking, and cleaning
Outpatient Drug Rehab NJ
Drug rehab is a very broad term for treatments, therapy, and care for a myriad of conditions related to drug abuse, physical dependence on drugs, and drug addiction. Rehab programs throughout the country offer all types of therapy, treatments and programs. Some common treatments include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT)
- Group therapy
- Dual diagnosis
- Experiential therapy
- One-on-one psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Trauma-informed therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Educational programs about addiction
- Life skills and vocational training programs
- Case management services
- Relapse prevention programs
- Physical fitness and exercise programs
- Holistic therapies like massage, meditation, or acupuncture
- Connections to local 12-step groups (Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics anonymous) and SMART recovery groups
At Quantum, our team offers:
- Traditional behavioral therapy
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- 12-step integration
- Evidence-based treatments
- Vivitrol treatments to help with alcohol and opioid relapse prevention
Addiction can be an all-encompassing illness, not only of the brain and body, but of the spirit as well. For this reason, we incorporate 12-step programs that ask participants to relinquish control to a higher power, and we offer alternative treatments like yoga and meditation for a whole-patient spiritual healing that, even if you are not traditionally religious, will increase your overall well-being, promote inner peace, and help you to release unhelpful or painful emotions.
Our evidence-based treatments are all provided by trained, educated, and accredited staff who are knowledgeable in their respective fields. Through individual therapy, group therapy, and behavioral therapy, you will get to the root of your addiction, work through the issues that are on your mind, gain useful recovery tools and strategies, and work through the social aspects of addiction. Recovery is a life-long commitment, so learning relapse prevention skills and coming up with a long-term plan for yourself is a crucial aspect of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Our facility is welcoming and secure, so you will feel safe and comfortable in all treatments.
We provide consistent, on-going contact with your family members and loved ones, ensuring that everybody who is involved in the healing process is informed and on the same page. Creating a social support network for yourself while in recovery is also crucial to your success. Family and couples’ therapy can help you mend relationships with those who were affected by your substance abuse (because addiction affects many more people than just yourself) and will also allow your loved ones to learn more about your addiction and how they can best help you. You will improve communication, work on problematic habits and behaviors like codependency and enablement, strengthen your bonds, and heal old wounds together.
Outpatient Alcohol Rehab NJ
Alcohol rehab is the next step to take after alcohol detoxification is complete. Quantum has IOP and partial care day treatment programs, along with long-term outpatient rehab options that can be tailored to meet you wherever you are on your own personal road to recovery. We will not force you to get more treatment than you need, and we will always take your personal comfort and wellness into account, allowing you to increase or decrease the intensity of your program as your needs evolve.
The outpatient program (OP) at Quantum New Jersey rehab is a long-term, ongoing program that is often offered after a patient has completed more intensive detox and rehab treatments, or if the treatment is for a person with a mild addiction with a low risk of relapse and without a co-occurring mental illness or physical health issues that need closer monitoring.
Outpatient alcohol rehab is fewer than nine hours per week of treatment and programs. It is a completely customized program, so your level of care will be determined by your comfort level and your progress in recovery, offering continued support, sober community connections, and therapy for alcohol addiction to help you to stay well long-term. With Quantum, you will always have the addiction support, alcoholism treatments, structure, and care that you need, even months or years down the road if you wish.
Outpatient vs Inpatient Mental Health
Dual diagnosis is a large part of some peoples’ recovery journey. Mental health issues and addiction are often very deeply connected, and treating the underlying cause of both conditions at the same time, in integrated treatment programs is the best way to break the cycle of using substances to control symptoms of mental illness, ultimately becoming even more unwell.
Some of the most common co-occurring disorders include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Eating disorders
- Suicidal tendencies
Some people have a genetic predisposition that leads to addiction and mental illness, and others develop a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes these issues to occur or worsen over time.
Drugs and alcohol can also interfere with prescription medications you are already taking for your mental health, and using substances to mask symptoms of conditions like social anxiety or major depression can cause those issues to worsen. You will lose confidence in your own abilities to handle stress and difficult situations without substance abuse, and you will not gain the coping tools you need to get through stressful times. Drowning your sorrows in alcohol may cause depressive issues to become worse, and using substances to run away from disturbing intrusive thoughts and debilitating trauma will reinforce the avoidance, pushing the issues deeper and strengthening them instead of healing.
Medications may be prescribed as a part of a dual diagnosis treatment to ease symptoms in an appropriate and safe way, along with targeted therapy that will provide strategies and coping methods for symptoms of mental health issues.
There are pros and cons to both inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction rehab centers. With inpatient rehab you will:
- Have full access to doctors, nurses, and medical staff day and night, 24 hours a day
- Live full-time inside the facility, with medication management and monitoring to see how your psychiatric medications and health treatments are working for you
- Have a more structured daily life, with the entire day planned out for you by professionals
With outpatient mental health care, you will:
- Have the ability to live at home or live in a sober home with the ability to see your friends and family during the days for love and support
- Get the help you need without having to sacrifice your career, drop out of school, or miss out on important obligations
- Be able to try out new strategies and tools provided by your therapist, then report back with your findings
- Have the opportunity to live independently, go to work or school, and take care of life’s responsibilities as you learn to manage your mental health condition safely
- Have more affordable addiction treatment and care options, as you may not need to pay for full-time housing
If you require a dual diagnosis for a co-occurring mental illness or trauma, you will likely need to be placed into a comprehensive program that integrates traditional therapy with holistic approaches like meditation and psychiatric medication. This type of program is not easy, but with the proper support, treatments, therapy, counseling, and medication, you will be able to manage your symptoms of mental illness, while working through your detox and rehabilitation plan at the same time.
Outpatient Rehab NJ - Alcohol & Drug Rehab
Another form of outpatient rehab we offer at Quantum recovery center along with our IOP and our outpatient rehabilitation programs is the partial care (PC) program. In partial care, you will live at home or in a sober living residence and commute into our treatment center for a minimum of 20 hours per week of treatment.
This program will work best for people who do not require 24-hour psychiatric or medical care, but still wish to access mental health, physical health, and emotional health care services. We provide Vivitrol treatments to help treat alcohol dependence and opioid dependence after detoxification is complete.
Former substance abusers with co-occurring mental health issues may wish to enter this type of program if they are successful in staying on their medications and attending all therapy and treatment programs. These services are offered during the day, so that you will be able to receive the best possible treatment and the most support, as this is when the majority of staff and caregivers are on duty.
Rehab After Work NJ
New Jersey after work rehabs are the perfect solution for people who have responsibilities in life that they cannot ignore. These facilities allow patients who have mild to moderate addictions to continue their lives, maintaining work schedules and their home lives as they also focus on their recovery. Unlike an inpatient rehab center, you do not need to check into a full-time, 24-hour controlled environment. An after-work rehab center is much less restrictive, allowing you the freedom to attend rehab nine or fewer hours per week.
Because outpatient rehab at Quantum drug rehabs was created to work for people who have left residential rehab and for those who could not enter a full-time inpatient drugs and alcohol rehab facility because of important family, career or school commitments, it was made to be flexible enough that you can work or go to school, and then attend rehab afterward. Like many impatient rehab programs, when you enter our after-work rehab, you will be granted access to addiction treatments provided by medically trained professionals, therapists, and addictions experts within a safe environment in which you can focus on your sobriety and the causes of your addiction.
The most common reason a person would choose to go to an after-work rehab program is because of their responsibilities to their families, so for this reason, most of these programs, Quantum included, will allow as much family involvement and support as you would like. Family support will help encourage you and remind you what you are doing this for. There are family therapy sessions and support groups available for loved ones, partners, parents, and friends to attend to ensure your social network remains solid through this difficult time.
Intensive Outpatient Program NJ
The intensive outpatient addiction treatment program for New Jersey residents offers several benefits, including:
- The freedom to continue going to work, going to school, and living your life the way you want to, as you continue to access the addiction treatments, therapy, structure, community and care you need
- Continual real-life opportunities to apply the drug and alcohol abuse treatment skills you have learned in the IOP to your daily interactions with people and the world around you, with full support and the ability to debrief and go over possible solutions each time you return to the outpatient treatment center
- A strong connection to your local sober community through meetings, peer support groups, sports and exercise programs, sober activity centers in New Jersey, and connections you may make during your group therapy sessions
Intensive outpatient programming is an excellent choice for many people looking for a treatment plan that incorporates everyday sober living with long-term strategies and treatment programs that include behavioral therapy, holistic treatments, group therapy, and strong support.
Outpatient Rehab in South Jersey
At Quantum, our New Jersey drug and alcohol treatment facility is a warm and inviting place that you can come to get the help you need. We provide a safe, comfortable, private, and inviting environment that is low stress, so you can focus on your own healing and continue on your path to wellness. We treat drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and dual diagnosis, integrating all therapy and care into one comprehensive program that will be molded to best suit your preferences, needs, and life goals.
If you are from out of state, you may wish to travel to New Jersey to access treatment. Traveling for outpatient rehab offers positive benefits to patients like:
- Making it easier to maintain your privacy, especially if you are from a small or close-knit community, or if you are a well-known individual in your area
- Traveling to South Jersey will provide you with the feeling of getting a new lease on life, with a fresh start and a new beginning
- You may receive a better quality of treatment at Quantum than you would in your hometown
- It will put a physical distance between yourself and the people, places, and usual circumstances that may trigger a relapse
- You will be away from life’s routines and the everyday stresses that come with being at home
Addiction can take away a person’s hope for the future and we aim to reinspire each of our clients, providing you with the tools, skills, and coping mechanisms that will inspire you to embrace life once again by treating the physical, psychological, and social components of substance use disorders.
Why Choose Quantum for Rehab After Work - Outpatient, IOP, or Partial Care Treatment
When you choose Quantum for your outpatient rehab, intensive outpatient program and partial care, you are choosing a facility where your individual needs are put first. We believe that a combination of evidence-based treatments along with holistic care for substance abuse and substance use disorders, for a whole-patient approach to healing is the best way to attain long-term sobriety. You are not just an addiction that needs to be managed, you are a whole person, with your own thoughts, preferences, experiences, and history. Getting to the underlying causes of addiction is as important as treating the physical symptoms of drug or alcohol dependence.
Our phone number is (609) 993-0733. When you call, the person on the phone will ask you a series of questions, and will have a conversation with you about your recovery goals and what you require out of our program. We have a streamlined process that will help us get to know about you and your needs, so we can tailor a customized program to your unique needs. Once you are accepted, you will come into the center and meet your care team and get started, so you can move into recovery as quickly as possible. Contact the Quantum Behavioral Health Services treatment center today to verify insurance coverage, to ask questions about rehab, or to get started on your journey today.